This website and it’s content is copyright of Martin Whitely – © Martin Whitely 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Martin is making a bid for the Australian Senate in the 2013 election
Martin Whitely has stepped forward for pre-selection in the Australian 2013 Federal Election.
Get the full story at MartinWhitely.com.
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
- Why do ‘ADHD medications’ appear to work?
- ADHD amphetamine addiction and abuse
- The potential side effects of ADHD stimulant ‘medications’
- Strattera’s sad story – (warning it may make you want to kill yourself)
- Pseudoscience supporting ADHD
- Rise and fall of child ADHD in Western Australia
- Perth, a case study in ADHD amphetamine abuse
- Sydney, our new ADHD capital
- Top 40 misleading, dangerous or just plain stupid claims made about ADHD
Search the site
Sign up to the Speed Up & Sit Still newsletter
- Hearing checks for Aboriginal children – Screening that actually improves Mental Health outcomes!
- Martin Whitely announces bid to become an Australian Senator
- Patrick McGorry’s cautious prescribing Rhetoric not matched by Reality
- Will ‘Disruptive Mood Disregulation Disorder’ proposed for inclusion in DMS5 be the next child mental health epidemic?
- Australian Mental Health at the Crossroads – Time to Recover Sanity
- Not-so-quick fix: Behavioral therapy better than drugs in the long run
- Diagnosing the DSM – the American Psychiatric Association should share the development of DSM5
- DSM5 Rollback Begins – Psychosis Risk Disorder gone and the revised proposal for DSM5 ADHD criteria not quite as horrific
- 900,000 Canadian Children confirm ADHD is a Birthday Lottery
- Huffington Post looks to Western Australia and France for the way forward on ADHD
- 12 year olds to consent to Psychosurgery, ECT and Sterilisation (without parental permission) under proposed Western Australian laws
- Professor Ian Hickie’s shocking each way bet on ECT induced amnesia
- How many physically and sexually abused Western Australian children suffer chemical abuse in state care?
- Patrick McGorry deserves praise for about-turn on Psychosis Risk Disorder
- Professor Hickie – Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.
- Professor Ian Hickie – Visionary Mental Health Reformer or Paid Pharmaceutical Industry Opinion Leader?
- More Bad News about Strattera – Heart risk added to suicide and liver warnings
- Back-down on “Better Access” cuts a welcome (and rare) win for talking therapies
- New York Times opinion piece tells the ‘Truth about ADHD’
- ‘Prozac Made Me Do It’ now a Murder Defence
- New Draft ADHD Clinical Practice Points out for Public Comment – Please Contribute
- Sign up to on-line petition against proposed DSM5
- Prescription drug abuse – A large and growing problem with a very simple solution
- Dr Allen Frances, the lead author of DSMIV, and the British Psychological Association, lead the chorus of opposition to disease mongering proposals in DSM5
- The American Psychiatric Association’s DSM5 proposal for ADHD – Making lifelong patients of even more healthy people
- Perth’s Dexamphetamine Hangover
- Open book approach a good start for the new National ADHD Guidelines Committee
- World leading ADHD ‘expert’ Harvard Professor Joseph Biederman sanctioned over hidden drug company money
- Where is the evidence to support ‘ADHD expert’ Prof Kohn’s claim that amphetamines aid brain development?
- Professor McGorry stops advocating for the inclusion of Psychosis Risk Syndrome in DSM5 and restricts support for the use of antipsychotics in non-psychotic patients to experimentation – The Australian 16 June 2011
- Australia’s Reckless Experiment In Early Intervention – prevention that will do more harm than good
- Extra EPPIC and Headspace funding in the Federal Budget: A quick fix to a political problem but where is the evidence?
- Is Patrick McGorry’s and the Independent Mental Health Reform Group’s $3.5b blueprint for Australian mental health the way forward, or a prescription for more ‘psychiatric disorders’, ‘off label’ prescribing and youth suicide?
- It’s time to ask former Australian of the Year, Professor Patrick McGorry, a few difficult questions about his Blueprint for Australian Mental Health
- How to be an Educated Consumer of “ADHD” Research
- Claire Murray (14 March 1985 – 1 April 2010) – A casualty of Perth’s Generation deX.
- ADHD Birthdate Lottery- Late birthday in school year significantly increases a childs chances of being diagnosed and drugged
- The ‘Genetic basis of ADHD’ – much ado about nothing
- One year on from the Raine Study ADHD Medication Review – Will the analysis of this unique long term data source continue and if so can we trust those doing the analysis?
- Rescinding the National ADHD Guidelines and curbing the prescription of mind drugs to children in state care the priorities of the Brisbane ‘ADHD’ forum
- Australian experts meet to consider is ADHD ‘over-medicated’ or ‘a fraud’?
- Australia Day Question- Why do we slavishly follow the American Psychiatric Association’s (DSMIV) prescription for the Mental Health of children. Are American children doing that well?
- New Research – Beating boredom a key to keeping children ADHD drug free
- Right of Reply – Patrick McGorry on Early Intervention for Psychosis
- One year on from the release of the corrupted National ADHD Guidelines
- Patrick McGorry stops advocating ‘pre-psychosis drugging’ and should now abandon his support for the inclusion of ‘Psychosis Risk Syndrome’ in DSMV
- Australian of the Year Patrick McGorry’s call for early intervention to prevent Psychosis: A Stitch in Time or a Step too Far?
- Sydney, Brisbane and Hobart vie for the dubious honour of being Australia’s ADHD Child Drugging Capital
- Sunday Night Program: The ‘Father of ADHD Medication’ declares himself one promotion below God
- World’s First Long Term Data on ADHD Drugs From Raine Study Review